FoRx Therapeutics is a preclinical, privately held company based in Basel, Switzerland. It is backed by a syndicate of investors that include the Novartis Venture Fund, Pfizer Ventures, M Ventures, Omega Funds and LSP Venture Capital. FoRx focuses on drugging key molecular targets involved in the DNA Replication Stress, as a new approach in the development of targeted anticancer drugs.
We are seeking an Assay Biologist/Biochemist.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize significant expertise in enzyme kinetics to provide an understanding of complex mechanisms
- Expression of recombinant proteins (mainly) in bacterial expression hosts
- Execute a variety of enzymatic assays independently or with other team members as instructed
- Develop, optimize and execute novel enzymatic and cell-based assays in high-throughput screens
- Screen small molecule ligands in plate-based assay formats to drive structure activity relationships
- Organize experimental results to be shared with project teams; maintain clear experimental records using ELN (electronic lab notebook)
- BSc/MSc in enzymology, protein biochemistry or related field
- 2+ years of experience in industry, ideally in drug discovery
- Good experience with assay development and enzyme kinetics
- Hands-on experience developing and running 96/384-well plate-based biochemical and kinetic-based assay technologies (e.g. DSF, fluorescence, absorbance, FP, TR-FRET, Luminescence)
- Flexible, proactive, efficient, and able to work independently with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong team player, high-energy and positive personality
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly motivated individual who can communicate effectively, contribute beyond their strict discipline, be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of a dynamic entrepreneurial organization and fit well in small agile biotech team.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing research interests and career goals, along with a Curriculum Vitae to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FoRx Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FoRx Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work with Us!
We are waiting for you. Complete the form
and send your CV and motivation letter.