Biochemist / Assay Development Scientist
FoRx Therapeutics is a privately held drug discovery company based in Basel, Switzerland. The company focuses on drugging key molecular targets involved in DNA Replication Stress, which constitutes an exciting and innovative approach in the development of novel anticancer drugs. FoRx is backed by a syndicate of investors that include the Novartis Venture Fund, Pfizer Ventures, M Ventures, Omega Funds and LSP Venture Capital.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Biochemist / Assay Development Scientist to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative and dynamic start-up company.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Expression and purification of recombinant proteins
- Develop and perform a diverse set of biochemical assays, in particular enzymatic (e.g. enzyme activity and kinetics) and substrate binding assays
- Design biophysics-grade protein constructs and pilot / contribute to the optimization of purification protocols
- Screen small molecule ligands on purified protein in microplate-based assay formats to drive the understanding of SAR relationships using manual and automated systems
- Crystallize or work in close collaboration with crystallographers to crystallize protein-ligand complexes in support of structure-aided drug development
- Organize experimental results to be shared with project teams; maintain clear experimental records using ELN (electronic lab notebook)
- Recent PhD degree in Biochemistry or similar (e.g. Structural Biology)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in industry would be a strong plus
- Profound experience and hands-on expertise in biochemical assays, enzyme kinetics and substrate binding assays
- Experience in recombinant protein production using different expression systems, including construct design and optimization
- Experience in using biophysical assays (SPR, ITC, DSF, etc.) for probing protein-ligand interactions
- Expertise in X-ray protein crystallography would be an asset
- First author publication in a relevant journal is required
- Flexible, proactive, efficient, and able to work independently with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong team player, high-energy and positive personality
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-driven individual who is flexible and responsive to the changing needs of a dynamic entrepreneurial organization, has the ability to communicate effectively, is an excellent fit to an agile and growing biotech team, and has the ambition to perform outstandingly.
FoRx Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a stimulating work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing research interests and career goals, along with a Curriculum Vitae.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FoRx Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work with Us!
We are waiting for you. Complete the form
and send your CV and motivation letter.