Research Associate - Biochemistry (100%)
FoRx Therapeutics is a preclinical, privately held company based in Basel, Switzerland. FoRx focuses on drugging key molecular targets involved in the DNA Replication Stress pathway as a new approach in the development of targeted anti-cancer drugs that aim to improve the treatment of patients. The company is backed by a strong syndicate of investors that include the Novartis Venture Fund, Pfizer Ventures, M Ventures, Omega Funds and LSP Venture Capital.
We are currently looking to hire a
Research Associate – Biochemistry (100%)
to join our motivated team based on the Novartis Campus in Basel.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative and dynamic start-up company.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Expression and purification of recombinant proteins
- Develop and perform enzymatic (determine enzyme activity and kinetics) and substrate binding assays independently or with other team members as instructed
- Screen small molecule ligands in microplate-based assay formats to drive SAR relationships on purified protein using manual and automated systems
- Organize and present to the team experimental results; maintain clear experimental records using ELN
- Maintain clear records of experimental work and be able to organize, report and communicate results
- BSc/MSc/apprenticeship in biochemistry, enzymology, pharmacology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical companies
- Must have good experience with biochemical assays, enzyme kinetics and substrate binding assays
- Must have hands-on experience developing and running 96/384-well microplate-based biochemical and kinetic-based assay technologies (e.g., DSF/TSA, fluorescence-based assays, luminescence)
- A strong preference will be given to candidates with hands-on experience with recombinant protein expression and purification
- Proficiency in IT Tools: MS Office Software (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask with emphasis on accuracy and attention to details
- Flexible, proactive, efficient, and able to work independently with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong team player, high-energy and positive personality
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly skilled self-motivated individual who is passionate about improving patients’ lives, responsive to the changing needs of a dynamic entrepreneurial organization, and who thrives in a fast-paced, small biotech environment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing research interests and career goals, along with a Curriculum Vitae to (we will not consider applications without cover letter):
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FoRx Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a stimulating work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FoRx Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work with Us!
We are waiting for you. Complete the form
and send your CV and motivation letter.